9:21 AM PST, 3/7/2009
Before you start, you need:
1. Register an account and pickup a phone number from www.freephonline.ca ;
2. Call freephonline and pay $50 CAD with you credit card to get the SIP configuration file from freephonline.ca (need 1 week to process);
You'll receive an e-mail with word format attachment, which included your sip configuraiton server/username/password.
Here are the steps to configure Freephonline.ca with D-link DVG-2001S
D-link make good hardware but they're the one of the worst (if not the worst) brand name on documentation.
** This is a much simpler way to configure DVG-2001S instead of changing your computer IP to 192.168.0.x segment **.
How to configure DVG-2001S:1. Connect it to any LAN port of your router;
2. **1 to get IP address of this ATA;
3. http://IP_Address_of_ATA/admin and login as admin/admin
4. Configure VOIP – both server&agent config (Refer the screenshots below)
5. Apply & Reboot
Here are two screenshots (It's from DVG-1402S but it's same for DVG-2001S). Please visit http://www.SunnyVoIP.com if you need more voip hardware.